NEW Victorian Government Grants
The Victorian Government has announced some additional grant funding after the recent snap shutdowns.
Collectively known as the Circuit Breaker Action Business Support Package, the potential funding opportunities are as follows:
- $2,000 Business Cost Assistance Program
To be eligible the business must:
- Be located in Victoria
- Operate a business in one of this fairly limited set of industries including hospitality, food wholesaling, tourism, events and selected retail. Click here to see eligibility
- Have incurred costs as a direct result of the shutdowns (for example, loss of perishable goods, cancellation fees and charges, booking cancellations, other costs that could not be reasonably avoided)
- Have Victorian payroll of less than $3m in 2019/20. Note you do not have to employ any employees to qualify.
- Be registered for GST on 12th February 2021
- Have an ABN at 12th February 2021
You cannot receive this grant if you have received an amount under the Licencsed Hospitality Venue Fund (see below).
You cannot receive this and the Accommodation Support Program (see below). The Accommodation Support Program provides a higher subsidy thus you will be better to apply for that scheme if eligible.
The closing date for applications is 16th March 2021.
- Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund
This is an extension of the current scheme rather than a new scheme. A further $3,000 per eligible premises will be paid if you have already received funds through the original grant process.
There is no application needed for this additional payment, you will be contacted.
This program is for accommodation providers that experienced cancellations between Friday 12th and Wednesday 17th of February 2021.
The amount of funding is either $2,250 per accommodation premises if they had 10 or fewer cancelled nights, or $4,500 for 11 or more cancelled nights.
As per above, you cannot receive this grant and the Business Cost Assistance Program.
4. Travel Voucher Scheme
A further $10m has been allocated to expand the Regional Travel Voucher Scheme and a new Melbourne Travel Voucher Scheme.
If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Accountant directly via email and we will be in touch.
Patrick Rowan & Associates