Victorian Government Grants & Funding Opportunities
The Victorian Government has a number of grants and funding opportunities available to small business.
To review a full list of opportunities available we suggest visiting business.vic.gov.au and reviewing particularly the Business Resilience Package.
There are a wide range of funds available, including assistance for alpine businesses, licenced hospitality businesses, outdoor eating and entertainment and Victorian exporters. There’s the ‘Click for Vic’ – Support Victorian Businesses campaign and vouchers to help assist small business with their digital capabilities.
We draw your attention to the following widely available grants:
Business Support Fund Round Three
The Business Support Fund rounds one and two have been very popular.
The third round is now open with $10,000 to $20,000 available depending on the size of your payroll.
This is worth checking out if you are a business that:
- Operates within Victoria
- Participates in the JobKeeper scheme
- Employs staff
- Is in an industry that has been restricted due to the shutdowns (there is a published list of industries which are eligible on the Business Victoria website)
Sole Trader Support Fund
The Sole Trader Support Fund is now open, with successful applicants receiving a $3,000 grant.
This is only available to business that:
- If based in metropolitan Melbourne, operate in a sector that is Restricted, Heavily Restricted or Closed in the First Step and for which restrictions are not easing between the First and Second Steps.
- If based in regional Victoria, operate in a sector that is Restricted, Heavily Restricted or Closed in the Second Step.
Again, there are links on the Business Victoria website to help you figure out which category you are in.
The other key eligibility criteria for this are, you must:
- Operate business within Australia
- Either have no employees, or only have casual employees who receive less than $7,500 total
- Participate in the JobKeeper scheme
- Operate from a commercial premises for at least six months as either a tenant, licencee or owner occupier
- Are registered for GST
- Not have received a grant under the Business Support Fund
- Not be a trust, partnership or company
Navigating your way through the assistance packages available for your business can be complicated.
If you have any queries, please email: email@example.com or contact your Accountant directly via email and we will be in touch.
Patrick Rowan & Associates