Victorian Construction Industry Support Package
The Victorian Government has announced a support package for construction businesses impacted by the two-week shutdown.
Victorian Construction Industry Support Grant
On the 2nd of October the Victorian Government announced that it is providing support to construction businesses impacted by the shutdown that occurred between 21st September and 4th October 2021.
This applies to businesses in metropolitan Melbourne, City of Greater Geelong, Mitchell Shire and the Surf Coast Shire.
The current eligibility criteria is that the business must:
- Have a turnover of less than $10m per year
- Be unable to operate remotely
- Have incurred direct costs due to restrictions
- Be registered for GST
- Have not previously received support under the Business Cost Assistance Program or the Small Business Covid Hardship Fund
- Operate in one of the listed industries Click here to view industries.
Non-employing business will receive $2,000, whilst employing business will receive between $2,800 and $8,400.
Applications will open in mid-October.
Full details will then be available on the Business Victoria website.
If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch, alternatively, contact your Accountant directly.
Patrick Rowan & Associates