Vic Government Grants for Business
Victorian Government Releases Funding Details
The Victorian Government has released the details for the latest round of funding to assist business affected by the latest shutdowns.
1. Business Cost Assistance Program
*ROUND TWO EXTENSION OPEN UNTIL 13TH AUGUST, 2021* Click here for more.
This is limited to a list of business sectors that can be found at this link – click here. Specifically non-essential retail, hospitality, tourism, events, services and education and health case/social assistance.
The amount of the grant is either $2,500 or $5,000 depending on the length of time the business has been subject to lockdown.
To be eligible the business must:
- Be located in Victoria
- Have incurred direct costs as a result of the lockdown and the business cannot predominantly operate remotely
- Have annual Victorian payroll of less than $10m (no employees is fine)
- If the business has employees then it must have a Workcover policy and be supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or if that employee can work from home, assist them to work from home.
- Hold and ABN and be registered for GST on 27th May 2021
- Have not received an amount under the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 (see below)
Applications are open until 24th June 2021.
2. Licenced Hospitality Venue Fund
Grants of $3,500 for regional and $7,000 for Melbourne based eligible liquor licensees.
Applications for this grant can only be done through a link emailed by Business Victoria.
If you have an eLicence email address you will receive an email from Business Victoria from 3rd June. If you do not have an eLicence email address you must set one up on the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation Liquor Portal by the 20th June 2021 to receive the grant application.
If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch, or contact your Accountant directly.
Patrick Rowan & Associates